- Represent the combined interests of our membership on issues that affect the fundamental character and beauty of Beaver Island, which is the reason for our attraction to the island.
- Work with local governments to support property owners’ views, concerns and investments by:
- Providing a forum for discussion of island governance and property taxes
- Representing membership concerns through township government liaison
- Foster and support economic growth that is consistent with the preservation of Beaver Island’s natural beauty and quality of life by advocating for environmental and economic sustainability.
- Support preservation and wise use of natural resources, plants, and wildlife of Beaver Island by:
- Proposing environmental conservation policies and / or methods
- Collaborating with tribes, environmental organizations, schools, and government agencies
- Sponsoring environmental education programs and public lectures and presentations
- Publishing a semi-annual newsletter and a continuously updated website
- Monitoring and controlling invasive species
- Cleaning up beaches and campgrounds
- Helping with forest fire prevention
NOTE: Significant BIA studies and reports are accessible with ‘Archive’ buttons on the right. ‘Newsletters’ in the top menu chronicle BIA activities back to 1999 with links to newsletters and an index of their content.
ANNUAL DUES (tax deductible): $20 for the year July 1 to June 30
Mail checks payable to: The Beaver Island Association,
PO Box 390, Beaver Island, MI 49782